Shopify Application Development
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2014-03-17
- 售價: $1,160
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,102
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 109
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783281057
- ISBN-13: 9781783281053
About This Book
- Publish apps in the Shopify App Store and work on Twitter Bootstrap
- Get a jump-off point for additional programming and enhancements using the Ruby on Rails code
- Build both a public and a private app with this step-by-step tutorial
Who This Book Is For
If you are a web developer or a designer who wants to extend Shopify stores by building apps, then this book is for you. A basic understanding of programming concepts and some familiarity with Shopify is all that is required to get started with Shopify app development.
What You Will Learn
- Create your own multitenant app using Ruby on Rails and deploy it to Heroku
- Use RSpec and FactoryGirl for TDD
- Ensure functional and targeted code using iterative development
- Implement responsive design using Twitter Bootstrap
- Request and process Shopify API access requests
- Subscribe, verify, and respond to Shopify Webhooks
- Publish your app to the Shopify App Store
Shopify is an e-commerce website platform that allows merchants to create and run their own online store. The Shopify App Store is a collection of apps that extend the capabilities of online stores and is a perfect place to earn recurring revenue.
Shopify Application Development will teach you to build Shopify apps using Ruby on Rails, deploy them to Heroku, and publish them in the Shopify App Store. Additionally, you will learn how to receive recurring revenue via the Shopify Billing API.
This is an easy-to-follow manual that will guide you through the entire process of application development with Shopify. This book focuses on building and launching a single application using best practices such as Test-Driven Development (TDD), agile methodologies, and iterative development from start to finish.