Laravel Application Development Blueprints
Arda Kiliçdagi, Halil Ibrahim Yilmaz
For intermediate to advanced PHP programmers this is the perfect volume for mastering Laverel. It starts with the basics then digs deep, covering the building of 10 different applications. Extend your capabilities with ease.
- Learn how to integrate third-party scripts and libraries into your application
- With different techniques, learn how to adapt different methods to your needs
- Expand your knowledge of Laravel 4 so you can tailor the sample solutions to your requirements
Laravel is a clean and classy framework for PHP web development. It helps you to create wonderful applications using simple, expressive syntax. Development should be a creative and enjoyable experience, not something that is painful, and Laravel makes it enjoyable for the users. Laravel's directory structure is designed to be familiar to users of other popular PHP frameworks. Web applications of any shape or size can easily be created using this structure similar to the way that they would be created in other frameworks. With the recently released 4th Version, Laravel became even better in numerous ways. Within this book, we will help you learn about both the old and new features of Laravel while developing various applications.
Laravel Application Development Blueprints covers how to develop 10 different applications step-by-step using Laravel 4. You will also learn about both basic and advanced usage of Laravel’s built-in methods, which will come in handy for your project. Also, you will learn how to extend the current libraries with the built-in methods and include third-party libraries.
This book looks at the Laravel PHP framework and breaks down the ingrained prejudice that coding with PHP causes due to spaghetti code. It will take you through a number of clear, practical applications that will help you to take advantage of the Laravel PHP framework and PHP OOP programming whilst avoiding spaghetti code.
You'll also learn about creating secure web applications using different methods such as file uploading and processing, making RESTful AJAX requests, and form processing. If you want to take advantage of the Laravel PHP framework's validate, file processing, and RESTful controllers in various types of projects, then this is the book for you.
Everything you need to know to code fast and secure applications with the Laravel PHP framework will be discussed in this book.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn about RESTful controllers and the functions of Laravel
- Use Laravel’s before/after route filters
- Learn how to use Laravel's ORM and non-ORM database methods
- Build ten genuine web solutions
- Process files with Laravel's built-in methods
- Integrate third-party libraries into your application
- Validate your form data and uploaded files
- Secure your web application from injections
- Learn about Laravel's Blade Template Engine and the basics of templating
- Use Laravel in different types of web projects
Follow along as we work together to build 10 different applications using Laravel 4. Since each chapter is devoted to the design of a different application, there is no need to read the book in any particular order. Instead, you can pick and choose the blueprints that are of most interest to you and dive right in.