- Get to grips with AngularJS and the development of single-page web applications.
- Develop rapid prototypes with ease using Bootstraps Grid system.
- Complete and in depth tutorials covering many applications.
As one of the leading web development frameworks, AngularJS offers a simple and lightweight solution to modern web application development. This collection of practical project blueprints offers you a seamless learning experience, giving you step-by-step information that you can follow and then adapt to create your own single-page web applications. Through each project you will explore the extensive features and functionality of AngularJS, allowing you to discover its full potential as a web development tool.
Begin by looking into the structure of a single page application and start exploring AngularJS by creating a simple address book application. You ll then be ready to look further into the AngularJS development workflow, with guidance on setting up your development rig with Node.js, Grunt and Yeoman. Go further and explore how to prototype with AngularJS by getting to grips with effective design with grid layouts and Bootstrap, before diving into techniques and tools for handling data and working with REST web services. Building on everything you will have learned you ll then create more extensive applications including a Facebook Friends Birthday reminder application, and an expense manager mobile application to get you into the core components of mobile app development. Going further beyond, you will also find a blueprint to help you build a MEAN stack, giving you an insight and guidance on the very latest in web development and use Amazon web services for a simple deployment solution.
Each blueprint featured is a valuable AngularJS tutorial, giving developers a practical insight into one of the most effective frameworks for web application development.
What you will learn
- Gain a powerful understanding of AngularJS and single-page applications that you can apply to your own development projects
- Explore AngularJS directives feature and write your own custom directives
- Build complete and professional applications ranging from social media and mobile web applications to CMS and an e-commerce store
- Discover strategies and techniques for harnessing REST web services and Facebook APIs in your applications
- Deploy applications using the highly scalable Amazon Web Services cloud solution
- Develop rapid prototypes to create an impressive UI using Bootstrap s grid system
- Get to grips with MEAN web development and create a CMS with a MEAN stack
About the Author
Table of Contents
- Introduction to AngularJS and the Single Page Application
- Setting up Your Rig
- Rapid Prototyping with AngularJS
- Using REST Web Services in Your AngularJS App
- Facebook Friends' Birthday Reminder App
- Building an Expense Manager Mobile App
- Building a CMS on the MEAN Stack
- Scalable Architecture for Deployments on Amazon Web Services
- Building an E-commerce Store