Developing Responsive Web Applications with AJAX and jQuery
Sandeep Kumar Patel
Design and develop your very own responsive web applications using Java, jQuery, and AJAX
- A practical guide to empower you to develop responsive web applications by combining the strengths of AJAX and jQuery
- Learn how to build a series of web applications on top of a website quickly and efficiently
- By the end of this book, you will have mastered ways with which you can leverage AJAX and jQuery as per your project needs
Developing Responsive Web Applications with AJAX and jQuery will empower you with the skills required to create responsive web applications in a quick and efficient manner. The book begins by identifying the key benefits of a responsive application for a commercial site, and then covers how to develop a layout using Bootstrap 3 and adding dynamic visuals to your web application using AJAX calls.
What you will learn from this book
- Build responsive, fluid layouts using Bootstrap 3
- Create JSON data and integrate it with your web pages using AJAX calls
- Integrate Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ into your application
- Incorporate Google currency converter into your application
- Fuse YouTube videos and third-party shopping carts to your application
- Debug and test responsive web applications
This book is a standard tutorial for web application developers presented in a comprehensive, step-by-step manner to explain the nuances involved. It has an abundance of code and examples supporting explanations of each feature.
Who this book is written for
This book is intended for Java developers wanting to create rich and responsive applications using AJAX. Basic experience of using jQuery is assumed.