jMonkeyEngine 3.0 Cookbook
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2014-08-15
- 售價: $1,450
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,378
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 279
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783286474
- ISBN-13: 9781783286478
About This Book
- Contains an extensive and valuable set of solutions to real jMonkeyEngine game development challenges
- Learn how to take your game online using the SpiderMonkey network framework
- Kick-start your next project by applying game-ready templates
Who This Book Is For
If you are a jMonkey developer or a Java developer who is interested to delve further into the game making process to expand your skillset and create more technical games, then this book is perfect for you.
What You Will Learn
- Make an online game with the SpiderMonkey framework
- Design dynamic and attractive GUIs with NiftyGUI
- Create cutscenes and smooth camera rides with cinematics
- Build AI that sees, follows, and finds its way through the game world
- Use Bullet physics to build a more dynamic game world
- Explore useful tips on taking your game project to the next level
- Develop a more maintainable project by using Controls and AppStates
This book provides you with engaging hands-on game development tips that will keep the game we'll be developing in focus. Each chapter will provide insight into the how's, what's, and why's of jMonkeyEngine and game development step by step.
The book starts by giving you useful tips on the SDK itself, and how using it will make your life as a developer easier. The book then moves on to cover a variety of patterns which you can use to control cameras, characters, and animations, followed by how to make real-time networked games and dynamic game worlds.
If you are a jMonkeyEngine user or Java developer interested in delving further into game development to expand your skill set, then this book is perfect for you.