Game Audio Development with Unity 5.X
$790Unity 5.x Game AI Programming Cookbook
$281遺留系統重建實戰 (Re-Engineering Legacy Software)
$210TCP/IP 詳解 (捲3)：TCP 事務協議、HTTP 和 UNIX 域協議
- Explore the basics of audio development in Unity to create spatial sound, mixing, effects, composition, adaptive audio and more.
- Leverage the Audio Mixer of Unity 5.x to create blockbuster sound and music for your game.
- Learn about developing professional audio for games with FMOD Studio and composing original music with Reaper.
- Build amazing audio synchronized graphic visualizations with Unity.
- Understand how real-time character lip syncing can be implemented.
Game Audio is one of the key components in making a game successful and it is quite popular in the gaming industry. So if you are a game developer with an eye on capturing the gamer market then this book is the right solution for you.
In this book, we will take you through a step by step journey which will teach you to implement original and engaging soundtracks and SFX with Unity 5.x. You will be firstly introduced to the basics of game audio and sound development in Unity. After going through the core topics of audio development: audio sources, spatial sound, mixing, effects, and more; you will then have the option of delving deeper into more advanced topics like dynamic and adaptive audio. You will also learn to develop dynamic and adaptive audio using the Unity Audio Mixer. Further, you will learn how professional third party tools like FMOD are used for audio development in Unity. You will then go through the creation of sound visualization techniques and creating your own original music using the simple yet powerful audio workstation Reaper. Lastly, you will go through tips, techniques and strategies to help you optimize game audio performance or troubleshoot issues.
At the end of the book, you'll have gained the skills to implement professional sound and music. Along with a good base knowledge audio and music principles you can apply across a range of other game development tools.
What you will learn
- Develop game audio and other audio effects with Unity
- Getting familiar with the new Audio Mixer introduced in Unity 5
- Implement dynamic and adaptive audio using various tools and strategies
- Explore interesting ways to incorporate audio into a game with sound visualization
- Use 3rd party professional audio development tools like FMOD
- Compose original music and record vocals
- Understand and troubleshoot audio performance issues
About the Author
Micheal Lanham is a solutions architect with petroWEB and currently resides in Calgary, Alberta, in Canada. In his current role, he develops integrated GIS applications with advanced spatial search capabilities. He has worked as a professional and amateur game developer building desktop and mobile games for over 15 years. In 2007, Micheal was introduced to Unity 3D and has been an avid developer, consultant, and manager of multiple Unity game and graphic projects since.
Micheal has previously written Augmented Reality Game Development, also published by Packt Publishing in 2017.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Game Audio in Unity
- Scripting Audio
- Introduction to the Unity Audio Mixer
- Advanced Audio Mixing
- Using the Audio Mixer for Adaptive Audio
- Using FMOD for Adaptive Audio
- Using Fabric for Adaptive Audio
- Syncing Audio with the Camera and Visual Effects
- Character Lip Syncing and Dialogue
- Composing Sound and Music
- Audio Performance and Troubleshooting