Magento Site Performance Optimization
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2014-05-17
- 售價: $840
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $798
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 92
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783287055
- ISBN-13: 9781783287055
Leverage the power of Magento to speed up your website with this book and ebook
- Improve the performance of Magento by more than 70%
- Master Magento caching techniques
- Using a step-by-step approach, learn how to optimize Magento site performance
In the open source, e-commerce platform community, Magento has established itself as the most popular e-commerce platform in the market. It is supported by a very strong developer community and it fits most merchants' needs. Despite this leadership, Magento has a major problem; it is very slow. To serve customers in a more efficient way, we need a tool that can optimize our sites' performance. Even if the tool is able to boost the speed of the site to some extent, it can still be a very crucial factor when there are so many competing websites on the market.
This book will start by providing a list of trustee companies to host a Magento website with high traffic. Also, we will discuss the required configurations in terms of amount of RAM, CPU, and HDD.
What you will learn from this book
- Configure MySQL for high performance
- Optimize the database model
- Take advantage of Varnish, APC, memcached, and FPC
- Explore built-in Magento caching mechanisms
- Install and tune Apache, lighttpd, and Nginx for Magento
- Supercharge your website with external services
- Use the Facebook HipHop Virtual Machine to serve Magento
- Gain more customers by enhancing your website
Magento Site Performance Optimization follows a hands-on, easy-to-follow approach, which focuses on the optimization of Magento’s performance. Each chapter has a very logical flow, which makes the book Reader-friendly.
Who this book is written for
This book is written for Magento administrators who wish to optimize their store to increase performance, without spending thousands of dollars a year for the enterprise edition of Magento. It is noteworthy that Magento, as a project, comes with a gigantic code base and tools; however, the reader needs to be up for the challenge, ready to produce their own code to make the most of its code base.