Harness the power of Neo4j to perform complex data analysis over the course of 75 easy-to-follow recipes
About This Book
- Rapidly build your data analysis application over Neo4j with ease
- Transition from RDMS and other NoSQL databases to Neo4j
- Learn to effectively scale your Neo4j installations to millions of nodes
Who This Book Is For
If you are already using Neo4j in your application and want to learn more about data analysis or database graphs, this is the book for you. This book also caters for your needs if you are looking to migrate your existing application to Neo4j in the future. We assume that you are already familiar with any general purpose programming language and have some familiarity with Neo4j.
What You Will Learn
- Access the Neo4j graph database from any language of your choice, whether it is Java, Python, Scala, or .Net
- Understand how to migrate data from different types of data stores such as SQL and NoSQL with ease
- Utilize and learn data modeling best practices
- Use and mine social data, whether it be from Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn
- Deal with geospatial data and build services such as bounding box queries and nearest point of interest
- Visualize Neo4j graphs by customizing available tools or writing your own tool
- Scale Neo4j with up to billions of nodes and edges
Neo4j is an open source graph database written in Java. Graph databases provide an excellent way to get richer insight into data and lower the bar for entry into the data science world. Starting with a practical and vital introduction to Neo4j and various aspects of Neo4j installation, you will learn how to connect and access Neo4j servers from programming languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, and Scala. You will also learn about Neo4j administration and maintenance before expanding and advancing your knowledge by dealing with large Neo4j installations and optimizing them for both storage and querying.
This is a practical guide full of examples and Neo4j recipes. The recipes are well explained with code samples that are updated for the latest version of Neo4j.