Mastering Magento Theme Design
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2014-04-24
- 售價: $1,710
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,625
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 310
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 178328823X
- ISBN-13: 9781783288236
This book will teach you how to create a custom Magento theme from scratch, how to make it mobile compatible, and much more. With lots of code snippets, it’s the perfect tutorial for web designers and developers.
- Create an advanced responsive Magento theme based on the Bootstrap 3 framework
- Configure your custom theme with the Magento Admin Panel
- Create your theme from scratch using practical live coding examples
This book explores Magento theme design, from basic theme structures to an advanced options panel, and provides you with the advanced knowledge that you need on the frontend of this great CMS.
The book starts with an overview of best practices for Magento theming and explores the field of theme development, starting from the home page all the way through to mobile optimization, analyzing advanced Magento applications such as widgets and modules. You will learn how to change the look and feel of the Magento backend to adapt it to your company's brand identity. The book will also take a look at adding functionalities such as lightbox effects on the product details page and awesome CSS3 animations on the products grid. By the end of this book, you will be able to create a new, custom, responsive, and advanced Magento theme of your own. You will learn everything you need to know to master Magento theme design, from the essential structure to the final sale in a step-by-step, tutorial style.
What you will learn from this book
- Create a custom Magento theme from scratch
- Make your theme mobile-ready by integrating Bootstrap into it
- Optimize your theme to be fully responsive and ready for multiple devices
- Integrate sharing buttons into your theme
- Add CSS3 and jQuery animations to enhance your theme's appearance
- Create a widget and a theme options panel to allow the fi nal user to customize your theme in minutes
- Change the look of the Magento backend to adapt it to your company's brand identity
- Make money by packaging and selling your theme
Written in a step-by-step, tutorial style with a lot of code snippets and hands-on examples to create an advanced Magento theme from scratch, this book is tailor-made for web designers and developers.
Who this book is written for
This book is great for developers and web designers who are looking to get a good foundation in how to create custom, responsive, and advanced Magento themes. Readers must have some experience with HTML, PHP, CSS, and Magento theme design. This book will be useful for anybody who already has knowledge of the Magento frontend structure.