Madhurranjan Mohaan, Ramesh Raithatha
About This Book
- Use Ansible to automate your infrastructure effectively, with minimal effort
- Customize and consolidate your configuration management tools with the secure and highly-reliable features of Ansible
- Unleash the abilities of Ansible and extend the functionality of your mainframe system through the use of powerful, real-world examples
Who This Book Is For
If you want to learn how to use Ansible to automate an infrastructure, either from scratch or to augment your current tooling with Ansible, then this is the book for you. It has plenty of practical examples to help you get to grips with Ansible.
What You Will Learn
- Set up and write basic playbooks, with more focus on configuration management
- Develop and test Ansible playbooks
- Use Ansible to handle errors, add callbacks, and rollback playbooks
- Write custom modules and test them
- Use Ansible modules to provision servers on various clouds
- Deploy and orchestrate your Ansible infrastructure
Automation includes provisioning new servers, making sure the servers adhere to their role and maintain the desired state from a configuration perspective, and orchestrating various actions across environments and deploying code as expected to all these servers. This is where Ansible steps in. It is secure, highly reliable, and minimalistic in nature. It automates configuration management, application deployment, and many other IT needs.
Learning Ansible will equip you with the necessary skills to automate/improve your infrastructure from a configuration management perspective. You will also be able to use Ansible for one-click deployments, provisioning, and orchestrating your infrastructure.