Responsive Web Design by Example, Second Edition
About This Book
- Rapidly develop and prototype responsive websites by utilizing powerful open source frameworks
- Focus less on the theory and more on results, with clear step-by-step instructions, previews, and examples to help you along the way
- Learn how you can utilize three of the most powerful responsive frameworks available today: Responsive Grid System, Bootstrap, and Foundation
Who This Book Is For
This is the ideal reference for both new and existing web developers who want to be able to augment their skills and showcase their content in a truly professional manner.
What You Will Learn
- Use Responsive Grid System, Bootstrap, and Foundation frameworks for responsive web design
- Build a semantic website structure with HTML5 elements
- Determine the responsive website persona with CSS3
- Harness the power of CSS preprocessor to compose programmable and more maintainable CSS
- Customize and extend responsive design frameworks
- Use Bower to organize website dependencies
- Learn how to decide which framework best suits your project specification
Responsive web design is an explosive area of growth in modern web development due to the huge volume of different device sizes and resolutions that are now commercially available.
By following our detailed step-by-step instructions in this reference guide, you will learn to build engaging responsive websites. With coverage of Responsive Grid System, Bootstrap, and Foundation, you will learn about three of the most powerful frameworks in responsive web design. You will learn to create a cool blog page, a beautiful portfolio site, and a crisp professional business site and make them all totally responsive. You'll also find out which framework works best for your project specifications.