Pentaho Analytics for MongoDB Cookbook
Joel Latino, Harris Ward
Over 50 recipes to learn how to use Pentaho Analytics and MongoDB to create powerful analysis and reporting solutions
About This Book
- Create reports and stunning dashboards with MongoDB data
- Accelerate data access and maximize productivity with unique features of Pentaho for MongoDB
- A step-by-step recipe-based guide for making full use of Pentaho suite tools with MongoDB
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for data architects and developers with a basic level of knowledge of MongoDB. Familiarity with Pentaho is not expected.
What You Will Learn
- Extract, load, and transform data from MongoDB collections to other datasources
- Design Pentaho Reports using different types of connections for MongoDB
- Create a OLAP mondrian schema for MongoDB
- Explore your MongoDB data using Pentaho Analyzer
- Utilize the drag and drop web interface to create dashboards
- Use Kettle Thin JDBC with MongoDB for analysis
- Integrate advanced dashboards with MondoDB using different types of connections
- Publish and run a report on Pentaho BI server using a web interface
MongoDB is an open source, schemaless NoSQL database system. Pentaho as a famous open source Analysis tool provides high performance, high availability, and easy scalability for large sets of data. The variant features in Pentaho for MongoDB are designed to empower organizations to be more agile and scalable and also enables applications to have better flexibility, faster performance, and lower costs.
Whether you are brand new to online learning or a seasoned expert, this book will provide you with the skills you need to create turnkey analytic solutions that deliver insight and drive value for your organization.
The book will begin by taking you through Pentaho Data Integration and how it works with MongoDB. You will then be taken through the Kettle Thin JDBC Driver for enabling a Java application to interact with a database. This will be followed by exploration of a MongoDB collection using Pentaho Instant view and creating reports with MongoDB as a datasource using Pentaho Report Designer. The book will then teach you how to explore and visualize your data in Pentaho BI Server using Pentaho Analyzer. You will then learn how to create advanced dashboards with your data. The book concludes by highlighting contributions of the Pentaho Community.
Style and approach
A comprehensive, recipe-based guide to take complete advantage of the Pentaho Analytics for MongoDB.