Mastering IOS Game Development Paperback – January 1, 2016
Master the advanced concepts of game development for iOS to build impressive games
About This Book
- Create a complete game with advanced techniques through the course of the book using in-depth, hands-on instructions
- Learn how to multi-task and improve performance optimization in your game playing experience
- The author, Miguel, has 11 years of iOS game development using xcode and has released over 10 games to the Apple AppStoreMaster player movement using touch controls as well as discuss motion controls
Who This Book Is For
This book is for those who have created an iOS game already and want to hone their skills. A reasonable level of knowledge and an understanding of the core elements and applications would be helpful.
What You Will Learn
- Blast off and start developing fun games
- Optimize the assets for the best performance in the game app
- Master player movement using touch controls as well as discuss motion controls
- Perform bug Squashing by testing and debugging
- Design interesting various characters and enemies for your game
- Test your game on both, the simulator on the computer and on real devices
- Tweak and fine tune the code and graphics before the release of your app
- Uncover some awesome new gameplay by adding in multiplayer elements, to get more people playing together
iOS is an operating system for Apple manufactured phones and tablets. Mobile gaming is one of the fastest-growing industries, and compatibility with iOS is now becoming the norm for game developers. SpriteKit is part of the native SDK from Apple, and enables developers to make simple entry into game development without unnecessary overhead and a long learning process. SpriteKit also provides other functionality that is useful for games, including basic sound playback support and physics simulation. In addition, Xcode provides built-in support for SpriteKit so that you can create complex special effects and texture atlases directly in Xcode. This combination of framework and tools makes SpriteKit a good choice for games and other apps that require similar kinds of animation.
Become a master in iOS game development through this fast and fun guide!
In the beginning, we'll tell you everything you need to plan and design your game. You'll then start developing your game through step-by-step instructions using the various built-in technologies of Xcode. From there on, we discuss how to deploy your game to the iOS App Store, as well as monetizing it to make more revenue. You will also learn advanced techniques to improve your game playing experience, including better multi-tasking, improved performance optimization, battery management, and more. To end the book off, we'll show you how to update your game with different features, then port the update to the App Store.