Flask Framework Cookbook
About This Book
- Get the most out of the powerful Flask framework while remaining flexible with your design choices
- Build end-to-end web applications, right from their installation to the post-deployment stages
- Packed with recipes containing lots of sample applications to help you understand the intricacies of the code
Who This Book Is For
If you are a web developer who wants to learn more about developing applications in Flask and scale them with industry-standard practices, this is the book for you. This book will also act as a handy tool if you are aware of Flask's major extensions and want to make the best use of them.
It is assumed that you have knowledge of Python and a basic understanding of Flask. If you are completely new to Flask, reading the book from the first chapter and going forward will help in getting acquainted with Flask as you go ahead.
What You Will Learn
- Configure Flask in the best way to suit your application needs
- Integrate Flask with technologies such as Redis, Sentry, and MongoDB
- Integrate your applications with most of the login mechanisms available
- Write beautiful RESTful applications
- Create an admin interface for your application
- Learn about efficient and effective debugging, logging, and error handling in Flask
- Test your applications as you write them to prevent future complications
- Implement full-text search for effective user query handling
Flask Framework Cookbook takes you through a number of recipes that will help you understand the power of Flask and its extensions. You will start by seeing the different ways of configurations that a Flask application can make use of. You will learn how to work with templates and learn about the ORM and view layers. You will see how to write an admin interface followed by the debugging and logging of errors. Finally, you will learn about different deployment and post-deployment techniques on platforms such as Apache, Tornado, and Heroku.
By the end of this book, you will have gained all the knowledge required to write Flask applications in the best possible way, and scale them with best practices.