Instant RubyMine Assimilation
Utilize the RubyMine IDE to develop your own Ruby on Rails applications
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Incorporate features of RubyMine into your everyday Ruby and Ruby on Rails development workflow
- Learn about the integrated testing and debugging tools to make your coding bulletproof and productive
- Become an expert at deploying Rails applications directly from RubyMine
Ruby and Ruby on Rails applications can become very complex very quickly, with hundreds of different files to contend with during a typical day of development. With RubyMine, you can become much more productive and let the IDE take care of the menial tasks while you concentrate on the details and structure of your applications.
Instant RubyMine shows you how to integrate the RubyMine development environment into your everyday development process. With step-by-step instructions and practical examples, you will learn how to customize the environment precisely to suit your needs, debug and test your code, and get the most out of many other features of RubyMine.
Starting with the installation of RubyMine on your preferred platform, this guide will walk you through creating your first program. You will be taken through everything from the development and testing process all the way to deploying your website for the world to enjoy.
You will learn how to manage your project in RubyMine including integrating version control, testing, and debugging your projects. Furthermore, you will learn how to navigate complex projects, view database tables, and utilize the built-in console and deployment tools of RubyMine, all of which will help you become an expert developer.
This book will also teach you how to install and use Gems, change Ruby environments, and use code coverage and reports to enhance your testing. By the end of this book, you will be able to confidently deploy your Rails application to a server, all within the inviting environment that is RubyMine.
What you will learn from this book
- Install RubyMine on the platform of your choice
- Create Ruby projects and run them within the built-in console
- Debug Ruby code line-by-line with variable watches and inspection
- Install Ruby Gems to help expand your program's functionality
- Customize the IDE to fit your coding style including key mapping and colors
- Create and manage Rails applications and their many different files
- Test your code with the test framework of your choice, such as rspec
- Refactor your code and discover duplicate code with automatic
- Inspect your database tables with built-in query and table display tools
- Deploy your code to the Internet with automated RubyMine tools
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. A practical guide comprising of easy-to-follow recipes which provide concise and clear steps to help you enter the world of RubyMine.
Who this book is written for
Instant RubyMine is ideal for you, if you are new to RubyMine or well acquainted with the technology. All you need is basic knowledge of writing in Ruby or Ruby on Rails.