Blender 3D Basics: Second Edition
About This Book
- Explore Blender's unique user interface and unlock Blender's powerful suite of modeling and animation tools
- Learn how to use Blender, and also the principles that make animation, lighting, and camera work come alive
- Start with the basics and build your skills through a coordinated series of projects to create a complex world
Who This Book Is For
This book is for 3D Artists and Designers who want to learn efficient building of 3D Animations. Knowledge of 3D Modeling is essential but no prior experience with Blender is required.
What You Will Learn
- Use the Blender user interface for building and animating projects
- Build objects using Box Modeling, Subdivision Surfaces, and NURBS Curves
- Create landscapes and trees with Blender's powerful procedural modeling plugins
- Use movie lighting theory to make your images pop
- Manipulate cameras for dramatic effect
- Make entertaining animations with keyframes and motion curves
- Connect graphics nodes to create stereo 3D animation from two separate image streams
This book teaches you how to model a nautical scene, complete with boats and water, and then add materials, lighting, and animation. It demystifies the Blender interface and explains what each tool does so that you will be left with a thorough understanding of 3D. This book starts with an introduction to Blender and some background on the principles of animation, how they are applied to computer animation, and how these principles make animation better. Furthermore, the book helps you advance through various aspects of animation design such as modeling, lighting, camera work, and animation through the Blender interface with the help of several simple projects. Each project will help you practice what you have learned and do more advanced work in all areas.