Drupal 8 Configuration Management
Stefan Borchert, Anja Schirwinski
Make the most of Drupal 8's coolest new feature―the Configuration Management system
About This Book
- Understand Configuration Management from a non-developer perspective
- Achieve a faster moving configuration between environments
- Create custom configuration inside your own modules
Who This Book Is For
Drupal 8 Configuration Management is intended for people who use Drupal 8 to build websites, whether you are a hobbyist using Drupal for the first time, a long-time Drupal site builder, or a professional web developer.
What You Will Learn
- Understand Configuration Management in Drupal
- Set up development environments with ease
- Manage and version control your configuration in code
- Use best practices in your development process
- Upgrade your modules' configuration from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8
- Use configuration in your own custom module
- Discover how the translation of configuration works
- Explore the structure and write your own schema files for configuration
With all the complex configuration options of Drupal, the Configuration Management system allows you to keep track of your configuration and move configuration changes between several development environments with ease.
Drupal 8 Configuration Management will teach you everything you need to know about the Configuration Management system and get you started with using its features quickly. For more advanced users, the book explains how to use the API to add custom configuration and how to upgrade custom modules to use the new Configuration Management system, covering some essential tools and best practices. It will teach you to write schema files for custom configuration and upgrade modules to the new Configuration Management system. Additionally, you will learn how to migrate configuration from Drupal 6 and 7 to Drupal 8 and how to manage configuration for multilingual websites.