Demystifying one of the most popular content management systems in use today, Drupal Web Profiles offers a complete introduction to the installation, configuration, and administration of Drupal versions 6 and 7. Filled with worked examples, step-by-step instructions, and hands-on projects, it provides readers with the tools to develop effective business web solutions using Drupal.
The book supplies easy-to-follow instruction on the primary aspects of the Drupal framework—from basic installation, configuration, and administration to creating new functionality with custom modules and themes. Defining key Drupal terminology in a way that users and developers can easily understand, this project-based guide explains how to:
- Create an installation environment for Drupal as well as how to carry out the actual installation
- Build web applications using Drupal builds and profiles
- Add new content to a Drupal site and describe, classify, and organize content using the Taxonomy module
- Optimize Drupal performance with automatic throttling, bandwidth optimization, and page caching
- Customize Drupal themes and create, install, and debug modules
The first five chapters describe how to install, configure, and administer a basic site using Drupal version 6 or 7. The next five chapters introduce Drupal profiles and explain how to get them set up and running. Supplying in-depth treatment of web analytics, including Google analytics, parsing Web logs, and node tagging, the book arms you with time-tested advice on how to monitor, analyze, and optimize the performance of your Drupal installation.