Over 100 hands-on recipes to build Spring web applications easily and efficiently
About This Book
- Build full-featured web applications with Spring MVC
- Use Spring 4 Java configuration style to write less code
- Learn how to use dependency injection and aspect-oriented programming to write compartmentalized and testable code
Who This Book Is For
This book is for you if you have some experience with Java and web development (not necessarily in Java) and want to become proficient quickly with Spring.
What You Will Learn
- Install Maven and Tomcat and create a Spring MVC web application
- Display, validate, and process forms
- Query a database with minimal code
- Authenticate users and manage their roles
- Build REST, Java RMI, and Hessian web services
- Create and schedule batch jobs
- Offer customized page layouts to mobiles and tablets
- Exchange data with Facebook and Twitter
Spring is the most popular Java web framework. It makes it easy to efficiently build modular and testable web applications by using the Model-View-Controller paradigm and dependency injection.
Using this practical guide, you'll learn how to build a full-featured web application step-by-step, but with high efficiency using the latest improvements in Spring 4. Starting with the installation of Java, Maven, and Tomcat, you'll go on to create a basic MVC web application. You'll then add a database, forms, and user authentication, and learn how to handle mobile devices and integrate with Facebook and Twitter. Next, you will be introduced to unit testing, web services, and aspect-oriented programming.