VMware vCloud Director Essentials
About This Book
- Learn about DHCP, NAT, and VPN services to successfully implement a private cloud
- Configure different networks such as Direct connect, Routed, or Isolated
- Configure and manage vCloud Director's access control
Who This Book Is For
If you are a technical professional with system administration knowledge, then this book is for you. The book also covers areas of importance if you are a virtualization engineer, consultant, architect, senior system engineer, or senior system analyst. You should possess core vSphere platform knowledge necessary to serve as a base to learn vCloud Director and its associated components.
What You Will Learn
- Configure centralized logging and vCloud Director for scalability
- Get to know how to manage vSphere compute, storage, and network resources
- Manage vCloud resources such as provider vDCs, vCloud Director network resources, vCloud Director organizations, and organization vDCs
- Configure organization and vApp network services such as DHCP and DNS relay, firewall services, NAT, VPN, and static routes
- Manage vCloud Director security such as SSL certificates and vCloud Director access control using LDAP and vSphere SSO
- Explore the advanced concepts of vCloud including organization and provider virtual datacenter management
VMware vCloud Director is a key technology in today's cloud computing market; it provides a self-service portal and catalog that enables application provisioning and automated operation management.
This book ensures that you have a comprehensive understanding of the different components of VMware vCloud Director and their interaction with the physical and logical layers. This includes the ESXi host, virtual machine, vSphere cluster, vSphere storage, and vSphere network. This book enhances your ability to install, configure, and administer complex, single, multitenant public/private/hybrid VMware vCloud environments.
This book follows a practical and step-by-step approach with ample screenshots that make it easier for you to configure and manage networks and implement a private cloud running on vCloud Director.