Learning Spring Application Development
Ravi Kant Soni
Develop dynamic, feature-rich, and robust Spring-based applications using the Spring Framework
About This Book
- Build and deploy Spring-powered, production-grade applications and services with minimal fuss
- Discover the key Spring framework-related technology standards such as Spring core, Spring-AOP, Spring data access frameworks, and Spring testing to develop robust Java applications easily and rapidly
- A hands-on guide enriched with plenty of diagrams, and Java programs to give you a better understanding of how to design, develop, and test your Spring-based application
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for those who are interested in learning the core features of the Spring Framework. Prior knowledge of Java programming and web development concepts with basic XML knowledge is expected.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the architecture of the Spring Framework and how to set up the key components of the Spring application development environment
- Configure Spring Container and manage Spring beans using XML and annotations
- Practice Spring AOP concepts such as aspect, advice, pointcut, and introduction
- Implement JDBC support and ORM support with Hibernate in the Spring Framework
- Access data using the DAO design pattern and Spring
- Leverage the best of Spring Web Controllers and form tag library to create a Spring MVC application
- Secure your applications against malicious intruders using Spring Security
- Implement the Spring Mail Application Programming interface to send and receive e-mails
With this practical guide, you will learn best practices through real-world projects and follow a simple, practical approach to developing high performance and enterprise-grade Java applications with Spring.
Starting with the architecture of the Spring Framework and setting up the key components of the Spring application development environment, you will learn the configuration of Spring Container and how to manage Spring beans using XML and annotations.
Following this, you will explore how to implement the request handling layer using Spring annotated controllers. Other highlights include learning how to build the Java DAO implementation layer by leveraging the Data Access Object design pattern, securing your applications against malicious intruders, and exploring the Spring Mail Application Programming interface to send and receive e-mails.