Cocos2d-x Game Development Essentials
Frahaan Hussain, Arutosh Gurung, Gareth Jones
About This Book
- Create and run Cocos2d-x projects on iOS and Android platforms.
- Find practical solutions to many real-world game development problems.
- Learn the essentials of Cocos2d-x by writing code and following step-by-step instructions.
Who This Book Is For
This book is designed to help existing developers who are looking to learn this amazing framework, which provides cross-platform development. It is also perfect for developers who already have an existing C++ foundation and would like to learn game development using Cocos2d-x, or those who are coming from another framework.
What You Will Learn
- Set up Cocos2d-x to create games
- Create a new project in Cocos2d-x
- Learn to run a project on iOS and Android platforms
- Implement the core game structure using Cocos2d-x tools and techniques
- Add gameplay using general coding practices and built-in functions within Cocos2d-x
- Manipulate the game items to provide gameplay using Cocos2d-x actions
- Overcome common problems faced during the game development phase with Cocos2d-x
You will learn the essentials of Cocos2d-x through examples, by creating a game from scratch. The book starts with adding scenes and menus to the game. Furthermore, you can learn more about the varied features such as scene transitions, game sprites, moving the spaceship, and adding audio to make your game livelier. By the end of the book, you will be able to solve problems that may arise during the entire game development phase.