Getting Started with Ionic（Paperback）
- Develop engaging mobile experiences with a native-looking UI in Ionic and AngularJS
- Create an e-commerce mobile app using tutorials and code samples
Hybrid Apps are a promising choice in mobile app development to achieve cost effectiveness and rapid development. However, they were not preferred over native apps until few years back due to a poor performance and bad user experience, but everything has changed with the release of Ionic. It has evolved as the most popular choice for Hybrid Mobile App development as it tends to match the native experience and provides robust components/tools to build apps.
Getting Started with Ionic equips any web developer with the basic knowledge needed to use modern web technologies to build amazing hybrid mobile apps using Ionic.
This fast-paced, practical book explains all the important concepts of AngularJS and Cordova Framework required to develop apps, then gives you a brief introduction to hybrid mobile applications. It will guide you through setting up the environment to develop mobile apps, and through the multiple options and features available in Ionic so you can use them in your mobile apps. Features such as the Side Menu, Tabs, Touch Interactions, and native features such as Bar Code, Camera, and Geolocations are all covered.. Finally, we'll show you how to use Cordova plugins and publish your apps.
What you will learn
- Get to know about Hybrid Apps and AngularJS
- Set up a development environment to build Hybrid Apps
- Navigate around the components and routing in Ionic
- Use different Ionic directives for a mobile-specific experience
- Integrate an Ionic App with backend web services
- Work with plugins to include native functionality in your hybrid apps
- Test your apps on real devices
- Build an e-commerce app for iOS and Android from scratch
About the Author
Rahat Khanna is a techno-nerd experienced in developing web and mobile apps for many international MNCs and start-ups. He has completed his Bachelors in Technology with Computer Science & Engineering as specialisation. During the past 7 years, he has worked for a multinational IT service company and ran his own entrepreneurial venture also in his early twenties. He has worked on ranging projects from static HTML websites to scalable web applications and engaging mobile apps. Along with his current job as a Senior UI developer at Flipkart, a billion dollar e-commerce firm, he now blogs on the latest technology frameworks on sites www.airpair.com, appsonmob.com, and so on and delivers talks at community events. He has been helping individual developers and startups in their Ionic projects to deliver amazing mobile apps.
Table of Contents
- All About Hybrid Mobile Apps and Ionic Framework
- Setting up the Environment the Right Way
- Start Building Your First Ionic App
- Navigation and Routing in an Ionic App
- Accessorizing Your App with Ionic Components
- Integrating App with Backend Services
- Testing App on Real Devices
- Working with Cordova Plugins – ngCordova
- Future of Ionic