Swift Cookbook - 50 Recipes to Help You Harness Swift
- Get familiar with the features of Xcode 6 with Swift to write code that is shorter, clearer, and runs faster on today s multi-core architectures
- Packed with practical recipes that will help you gain an extra edge and use Apple s new programming language like a professional
- Build your portfolio with Swift code using this hands-on guide
If you have been looking for a book to help you develop apps for iOS on native iOS platforms, this is the book that you've been looking for! This practical guide will supply you with the building blocks that you can turn to when conceptualizing and writing applications for iOS/OS X. You'll master Swift programming as you progress through the various recipes in this book.
Starting with recipes that use the basic features, you will move on to interesting and engaging recipes that will make use of the more complex features of Swift. You will learn how to make use of Swift's diverse features, from the way you can configure your projects to the usage of design patterns and different types of databases. Complete with tips and tricks on Xcode, this example-based guide will help you develop and debug faster.
What you will learn
- Install the latest version of Xcode and use all of its tools
- Develop a multi-language project using Swift, Objective-C, C, and other languages
- Plan your Swift project and explore the nuts and bolts of the Swift syntax
- Use Swift playgrounds to see and hear your code's results as you write it
- Localize your issues using the LLDB debugger and explore different possibilities of code with Swift playgrounds
About the Author
Cecil Costa, also know as Eduardo Campos in Latin countries, is a Euro-Brazilian freelance developer who has been learning about computers since getting his first 286 in 1990. From then on, he kept learning about programming languages, computer architecture, and computer science theory. Learning is his passion as well as teaching; this is the reason why he worked as a trainer, giving on-site courses for companies such as Ericsson, Roche, TVE (a Spanish television channel), and lots of other companies. Nowadays, he also teaches through online platforms, helping people from every part of the world.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Xcode and Swift
- Standard Library and Collections
- Using Structs and Generics
- Design Patterns with Swift
- Swift Debugging with Xcode
- Integrating with Objective-C
- Dealing with Other Languages
- Data Access