- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2015-01-29
- 售價: $900
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $855
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 175
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1784391972
- ISBN-13: 9781784391973
Create awesome cross-platform games in no time, and with no coding
About This Book
- Create a complete game through the course of the book with in-depth, hands-on instructions
- Start making money in the ever-expanding indie developer scene with amazing games in no time
- Work with all the complex powerful features of GameSalad while keeping the complex technical jargon to a minimum
Who This Book Is For
If you want to create your own game, but don't know where to start, this is the book for you. Whether you've used GameSalad before, or have prior game development experience or not you are sure to learn! Imaging software experience, such as Photoshop, is good to have, but art and assets are provided in the book's resources.
What You Will Learn
- Design your game from the initial concept to paper to screen
- Set up GameSalad on your system and get started with your first project from scratch
- Understand and implement logo animation and preprogrammed introduction animations
- Create gameplay mechanics such as health system, lives, scoring, power ups, ammo, inventory, GUI, and more!
- Use GameSalad's new, extremely powerful tables system to create RPG-style conversations and inventory systems
- Create enemies and level objectives, along with saving player progress
- Polish your game and get some useful input about the challenges of game development
This guide will teach you everything you need to know to start developing your own game, from the design process, to the creation, and in-depth development features of GameSalad.
You will start by designing your game and importing artwork, and quickly move to setting up in GameSalad. Once you set up your menu and controls, you will create players and make them attack all they find while detecting collisions. Of course, it's important to keep track of their health, ammo, and other vitals, so you will learn that next! To spice things up further, we will add enemies, teach them how to behave (or not), and create minimaps and other objectives to keep your players hooked.
We will round off with some important details about monetization, cross-platform deployment, and other pearls of wisdom to help you on your own journey. Phew!