Neo4j Graph Data Modeling
Design efficient and flexible databases by optimizing the power of Neo4j
About This Book
- Model your data as a graph using Neo4j to design databases with minimum hassle
- Discover new patterns using graphs and solve problems that are difficult to solve using any other database
- Step-by-step guide to designing a graph model with pitfalls and design choices
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer who wants to understand the fundamentals of modeling data in Neo4j and how it can be used to model full-fledged applications, then this book is for you. Some understanding of domain modeling may be advantageous but is not essential.
What You Will Learn
- Translate a problem domain from a whiteboard to your database
- Make design decisions based on the nature of data and how it is going to be used
- Use Cypher to create and query data
- Evolve your database in stages
- Optimize the performance of your application with data design
- Design paradigms to ensure flexibility, ease of querying, and performance
- Move from an existing model to a new model without losing consistency
Neo4j is a graph database that allows you to model your data as a graph and find solutions to complex real-world problems that are difficult to solve using any other type of database.
This book is designed to help you understand the intricacies of modeling a graph for any domain.
The book starts with an example of a graph problem and then introduces you to modeling non-graph problems using Neo4j. Concepts such as the evolution of your database, chains, access control, and recommendations are addressed, along with examples and are modeled in a graph. Throughout the book, you will discover design choices and trade-offs, and understand how and when to use them. By the end of the book, you will be able to effectively use Neo4j to model your database for efficiency and flexibility.