About This Book
- Learn how to design, implement, secure, and optimize the performance of a VDI project
- Revolutionize the way you manage your desktop infrastructure, while delivering a superior user experience
- Step-by-step guide and provides screen shots that allow you to follow and set up your lab, complete with real-life scenarios.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a desktop administrator or an end user of a computing project team looking to speed up to the latest VMware Horizon View solution, then this book is perfect for you. It is your ideal companion to deploy a solution to centrally manage and virtualize your desktop estate using Horizon View 6.0.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the key Horizon View 6.0 components and architecture, how they work, and where their roles fit in the overall infrastructure
- Approach a VDI project from the assessment phase through to POC, pilot, and deploying a production environment
- Design a Horizon View 6.0 infrastructure through hints, tips, and best practice advice
- Drive the management console to manage your environment and perform day-to-day administration tasks
- Enhance user experience while allowing users to access the environment in a way they want, when they want, and from a device or location of their choice
- Optimize the performance of desktop services and applications through greater visibility across a desktop environment
Our journey with VMware Horizon View 6.0 begins with taking a look at how the technology came about and the benefits it can deliver to an organization. We then start shaping an infrastructure through all the key project stages from assessment to pilot and then to production deployment. Moving forward, with the help of scenario-based examples, we will demonstrate how to approach the design phase.
Once we have our design in place, armed with the information we gathered in the beginning phases, we will install and configure the key components such as the Connection Server, security server, replica server, and View Composer. With the infrastructure ready, we will concentrate on building and optimizing the virtual desktop machines before we start assigning our users to fine-tune it for the best end user experience. This book will help you build high performance remote desktops while empowering them to reduce the need for constant support and maintenance costs.