Building an RPG with Unity 5.x
$790Unity 5.x Game AI Programming Cookbook
$281遺留系統重建實戰 (Re-Engineering Legacy Software)
$398TCP/IP 詳解 (捲2)：實現 (TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 2: The Implementation)
$210TCP/IP 詳解 (捲3)：TCP 事務協議、HTTP 和 UNIX 域協議
- Learn to build a multiplayer real-time strategy game from scratch using Unity
- Gain knowledge of Unity’s UI system to build complex user interfaces
- See how to build and customize your framework for your RPG games
Unity is one of the most cutting-edge game engines in the world. Developers are looking for the best ways to create games of any genre in the engine. This comprehensive guide on building an RPG with Unity teaches you high-end techniques currently used in developing modern games - the tips, tricks, and techniques can be applied to your own role RPG.
We begin with an introduction to, and the fundamentals of, RPG games. Moving further, you will learn the necessary parts of building an RPG, such as structuring the game environment, customizing characters, controlling the camera, and designing other attributes like inventory, weapons, and so on.
We also cover designing levels of the game by adding more features to it and making the game more interesting. You will also learn how to get around the obstacle of networking in Unity and be able to implement Multi-Player mode for your RPG games.
By the end of the book, you will be able to build upon core the RPG framework elements to create your own game experience.
What you will learn
- Construct a framework for inventory, equipment, characters, enemies, quests, and game events
- See how to load and unload scenes and assets
- Create multiplayer game settings for our RPG
- Design a UI for user input and feedback
- Enhance Game Master to handle all aspects of the RPG
- Develop a custom pathfinding system
- Implement AI for character and non-character players
About the Author
Vahé Karamian is a software consultant and author based in Los Angeles, CA. He has been providing software development services to some of the top pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device manufacturing companies in the world. His latest clients included Department of Planning and Evox Imaging. Providing web, mobile, and virtual reality experiences.
He came across Unity when he was searching for a game engine for his projects in 2010. The rest is history. He is the founder of the Granada Hills Unity User Group and is actively working with the user community to educate new developers.
He is the author of Introduction to Game Programming: Using C# and Unity 3D. The book targets individuals with no programming background. The objective of the book is to give the reader a good foundation on the fundamentals of programming concepts and the essentials for Unity. It is available in both eBook and paperback editions. Visit www.noorcon.com for more information.
Vahé holds a master's degree in computer science, and is currently lecturing the following topics: Introduction to Computer Science, Data Structures and Algorithms, Operating Systems, Game Design and Development.
Table of Contents
- In the Beginning
- Setting the Atmosphere
- Character Design
- Player Character and Non-Player Character Design
- Game Master and Game Mechanics
- Inventory System
- User Interface and System Feedback
- Multiplayer Setup