Building a 3D Game with LibGDX
Sebastian Di Giuseppe, Andreas Kruhlmann, Elmar van Rijnswou
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2016-08-29
- 售價: $1,040
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $988
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 234
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1785288415
- ISBN-13: 9781785288418
- Implement an exhaustive list of features that LibGDX unleashes to build your 3D game.
- Write, test, and debug your application on your desktop and deploy them on multiple platforms.
- Gain a clear understanding of the physics behind LibGDX and libraries like OpenGL and WebGL that make up LibGDX.
LibGDX is a hugely popular open source, cross-platform, Java-based game development framework built for the demands of cross-platform game development. This book will teach readers how the LibGDX framework uses its 3D rendering API with the OpenGL wrapper, in combination with Bullet Physics, 3D Particles, and Shaders to develop and deploy a game application to different platforms
You will start off with the basic Intellij environment, workflow and set up a LibGDX project with necessary APIs for 3D development. You will then go through LibGDX’s 3D rendering API main features and talk about the camera used for 3D. Followed by which you will build a basic 3D game with Shapes, including Basic gameplay mechanics and Basic UI. Next you will go through Modeling, Rigging, and Animation in Blender. The book will then talk about refining mechanics, new input implementations, implementing Enemy 3D models, mechanics, and gameplay balancing. The later part of the book will help you to manage secondary resources like audio, music and add 3D particles in the game to make the game more realistic. You will finally test and deploy the app on different platforms.
What you will learn
- Setup libgdx project on Intellij IDEA
- Explore the perspective Camera used in the game.
- Learn basic 3D mechanics Bullet Physics API, Scene2D and implementing 3D shapes
- Load and managing game assets
- Implement 3D models with animations, bones (rigs), and textures.
- Manage and implement sound effects and Background music.
- Recognize, test and deploy the game across platforms.
About the Author
Sebastian Di Giuseppe started back in 2011 with Java Game Development and Native Android Development. With a huge passion, he spent a lot of time learning the different areas of game development, exploring on programming areas, and creating prototypes of all kinds for several platforms. With a good plan on improvement while having a full time job as an Android Developer, he also spends a lot of time on the forum java-gaming.org learning and making contacts. He joined forces with a graphic designer and a musician to peruse more professional tasks, and updates on their work which led him to meet a team of developers called who called themselves Deeep Games. With them, he made a step up and also learned Project and Product Management. With time, he joined and consulted other game development teams on management and processes. Seba now works as a full time Project and Product Manager and you can see him hangout on the Indie Game Developers facebook group posting updates on prototypes, ideas, or recruiting for future projects. You can follow Seba in his LinkedIn profile at https://ar.linkedin.com/in/sebadigiuseppe or his facebook profile at https://www.facebook.com/sebastian.digiuseppe.54.