Learning Apache Thrift
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2015-12-24
- 售價: $1,170
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,112
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 204
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1785882740
- ISBN-13: 9781785882746
Make applications cross-communicate using Apache Thrift!
About This Book
- Leverage Apache Thrift to enable applications written in different programming languages (Java, C++, Python, PHP, Ruby, and so on) to cross-communicate.
- Learn to make your services ready for real-world applications by using stepwise examples and modifying code from Industry giants.
- Be a crackerjack at solving Apache Thrift-related issues.
Who This Book Is For
If you have some experience of developing applications in one or more languages supported by Apache Thrift (C++, Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, and others) and want to broaden your knowledge and skills in building cross-platform, scalable applications, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the need for cross-language services and the basics of Apache Thrift.
- Learn how Apache Thrift works and what problems it solves.
- Determine when to use Apache Thrift instead of other methods (REST API), and when not to use it.
- Create and run an example application using Apache Thrift.
- Use Apache Thrift in your applications written in different languages supported by Apache Thrift (PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, and C++).
- Handle exceptions and deal with errors.
- Modify code in different languages.
- Use Apache Thrift in the production environments of big applications.
This book will help you set aside the basics of service-oriented systems through your first Apache Thrift-powered app. Then, progressing to more complex examples, it will provide you with tips for running large-scale applications in production environments.
You will learn how to assess when Apache Thrift is the best tool to be used. To start with, you will run a simple example application, learning the framework's structure along the way; you will quickly advance to more complex systems that will help you solve various real-life problems. Moreover, you will be able to add a communication layer to every application written in one of the popular programming languages, with support for various data types and error handling. Further, you will learn how pre-eminent companies use Apache Thrift in their popular applications.
This book is a great starting point if you want to use one of the best tools available to develop cross-language applications in service-oriented architectures.
Style and approach
A stepwise guide to learning Apache Thrift, with ready-to-run examples explained comprehensively. Advanced topics supply the inspiration for further work.