Disaster Recovery Using VMware vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager - Second Edition
Abhilash G B
- This is the first book on the market that provides an extensive disaster recovery solution using the latest vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager
- Master the skills of protecting your virtual machines by replicating and recovering them in seconds
- This practical, step-by-step guide will help you protect all your applications with Site Recovery Manager and Replication
VMware vCenter Site Recovery manage is an orchestration tool used to automate disaster recovery in a manner that no other solution does. It is programmed to leverage array-based replication and VMware's proprietary vSphere Replication engine.
The book begins by talking about the architecture of SRM and guides you through the procedures involved in installing and configuring SRM to leverage array-based replication.
You will then learn how to protect your virtual machines by creating Protection Groups and validate their recoverability by testing recovery plans and even performing failover and failback.
Moving on, you will learn how to install and configure vSphere Replication as a standalone disaster recovery solution. It also guides you through the procedures involved in configuring SRM to leverage vSphere replication.
Finally, you will learn how to deploy and configure vRealize Orchestrator and its plugin for SRM and vSphere Replication.
What you will learn
- Familiarize yourself with disaster recovery concepts and the architecture of vCenter Site Recovery Manager and vSphere Replication.
- Deploy and Configure vCenter Site Recovery Manager to leverage array-based replication and vSphere Replication.
- Use vSphere Replication as a standalone disaster recovery solution.
- Enabling protection of Virtual Machines by creating Protection Groups.
- Enable orchestration of the recovery of protected virtual machines by creating Recovery Plans.
- Migrate virtual machine workload from one site to another using Recovery Plans
- Testing and Performing a failover or failback of Virtual Machines using Recovery Plans
- Enable vRealize Orchestrator Plugins for SRM and vSphere Replication.
About the Author
Abhilash G B (@abhilashgb) is a virtualization specialist, author, designer, and a VMware vExpert (2014, 2015, and 2016), who specializes in the areas of data center virtualization and cloud computing.
He has been in the IT industry for more than a decade and has been working on VMware products and technologies since the start of 2007. He currently works as a senior VMware consultant for one of largest information technology and services company in the world.
He holds several VMware certifications including VCP3, VCP4, VCP5-DCV, and VCP-Cloud. He also holds advanced certifications such as VCAP4-DCA and VCAP5-DCA.
He is also the author of some other books published by Packt Publishing VMware vSphere 5.1 Cookbook in July 2013, Disaster Recovery using VMware vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager in May 2014, VMware vSphere 5.5 Cookbook in February 2015, and a co-author of the book Learning VMware vSphere in October 2016.
Table of Contents
- Installing and Configuring vCenter Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 6.1
- Creating Protection Groups and Recovery Plans
- Testing and Performing a Failover and Failback
- Deploying vSphere Replication
- Configuring and Using vSphere Replication 6.1
- Using vRealize Orchestrator (vRO) to Automate SRM and vSphere Replication