Mastering Node.js - Second Edition: Build robust and scalable real-time server-side web applications efficiently
Sandro Pasquali, Kevin Faaborg
貴賓價: $665Practical JIRA Administration (Paperback)
Expert techniques for building fast servers and scalable, real-time network applications with minimal effort; rewritten for Node.js 8 and Node.js 9
- Packed with practical examples and explanations, Mastering Node.js contains everything you need to take your applications to the next level.
- Unleash the full potential of Node.js 9 to build real-time and scalable applications.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of asynchronous programming, event loops, and parallel data processing.
- Explore Node's innovative event-non-blocking design, and build professional applications with the help of detailed examples.
By the end of this book, you'll be building better Node applications more quickly, with less code and more power, and know how to run them at scale in production environments.
What you will learn
- Build an Electron desktop app using Node that manages a filesystem
- Explore Streams and understand how they apply to building networked services
- Develop and deploy an SMS-driven customer service application
- Use WebSockets for rapid bi-directional communication
- Construct serverless applications with Amazon Lambda
- Test and debug with headless browsers, CPU profiling, Mocha, Sinon, and more
- Scale applications vertically and horizontally across multiple cores and web services
Who This Book Is For
Table of Contents
- Understanding the Node Environment
- Understanding Asynchronous Event-Driven Programming
- Streaming Data across Nodes and Clients
- Using Node to Access the File System
- Managing many simultaneous client connections
- Creating Realtime Applications
- Utilizing Multiple Processes
- Scaling your Application
- Deploying Microservices
- Testing your Application
- Appendix A : Organizing Your Work into Modules
- Appendix B : Creating your own C++ Add-ons