Mastering C++ Programming
- Get acquainted with the latest features in C++ 17
- Take advantage of the myriad of features and possibilities that C++ offers to build real-world applications
- Write clear and expressive code in C++, and get insights into how to keep your code error-free
C++ has come a long way and has now been adopted in several contexts. Its key strengths are its software infrastructure and resource-constrained applications. The C++ 17 release will change the way developers write code, and this book will help you master your developing skills with C++.
With real-world, practical examples explaining each concept, the book will begin by introducing you to the latest features in C++ 17. It will encourage clean code practices in C++ in general, and demonstrate GUI app-development options in C++. You will gain insights into how to avoid memory leaks using smart-pointers. Next, you will understand how multi-threaded programming can help you achieve concurrency in your applications.
Moving on, you'll also get an in-depth understanding of the C++ Standard Template Library is also included. We explain the concepts of implementing TDD and BDD in your C++ programs, along with template-based generic programming to equip you with the expertise to build powerful applications. Finally, we'll round up with debugging techniques and best practices. By the end of the book, you will have an in-depth understanding of the language and its various facets.
What you will learn
- Write modular C++ applications in terms of the existing and newly introduced features
- Identify code-smells, clean up, and refactor legacy C++ applications
- Leverage the possibilities provided by Cucumber and Google Test/Mock to automate test cases
- Explore the benefits of using Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Test Frameworks with C++
- Get acquainted with the new C++17 features
- Develop GUI applications in C++
- Build portable cross-platform applications using standard C++ features