VMware vRealize Orchestrator Cookbook - Second Edition
Over 90 recipes to satisfy all your automation needs and leverage vRealize Orchestrator 7.1 for your projects
About This Book
- Unleash the power of VMware vRealize Orchestrator 7 and automate your VMware infrastructure
- Customize and tune your orchestrator by programming and working with plugins
- Work through enticing recipes that can be implemented in your organization
- Explore the new and upcoming plugins of Puppet, Docker, Chef, and VMware Replication for VMware vRealize Orchestrator
Who This Book Is For
This book is for system administrators who are into VMware administration and are looking to automate their infrastructure. Basic knowledge about programming is needed. No previous knowledge of Orchestrator is required.
This book will also be good for you if you have just a basic knowledge with vRealize Orchestrator, as you can pick up any recipe and implement it for your enterprise.
What You Will Learn
- Configure an optimize vRO installations including vRO Clusters and vRA integrated vRO
- Design better clustered and distributed vRO solutions
- Work with vRO more efficient and created better workflows
- Access vRO workflows using REST, PowerShell and PHP
- Use all standard plugins such as XML, REST, PowerShell, AD, SQL, SSH, Mail and lotsmore
- Use additional plugins such as NSX, Horizon, vROPs, Replication and SRM
- Integrate and use vRO with vRealize Automation (XaaS and Event Manager)
In DetailVMware vRealize Orchestrator is a powerful
automation tool designed for system
administrators and IT operations staff who
are planning to streamline their tasks and
are waiting to integrate the functions with
third-party operations software. This book
is an update to VMware vRealize
Orchestrator Cookbook and is collection
of numerous recipes based on vRealize
This book starts with installing and
configuring vRealize Orchestrator. We will
demonstrate how to upgrade from previous
versions to vRealize Orchestrator 7. You
will be taught all about orchestrator plugins
and how to use and develop various plugins
that have been enhanced in Orchestrator
7. Throughout this book, you will explore
the new features of Orchestrator 7, such as
the introduction of the control center, as well as the new clustering method.
This book not only focuses on vRealize Orchestrator but also explores the integration into vRealize Automation which is more and more becoming a standard tool.
By the end of this book, you will be able
to get the most out of your Orchestrator
installation, and will be able to develop
complex workﬂows and create your own
highly integrated automation of your infrastructure.
Style and approach
This practical guide provides exciting and practical recipes on VMware vRealize Orchestrator 7 for those who are waiting to automate their infrastructure.