Angular 6 for Enterprise-Ready Web Applications
- Gain the skills and confidence to become a full stack developer with Java and Angular
- Create enterprise grade highly scalable Java applications from scratch
- Explore Full-Stack Application Architecture Principals
- Adopt a minimalist, value-first approach to delivery
Full stack web development means having the skills to work with both back-end and front-end technologies. Having to master this diverse range of methodologies and techniques is demanding for any developer.
This book will give you the skills and confidence to become a full stack web developer. You will learn to build and deliver full-stack web applications using Angular and Java, the most exciting front-end and the most established back-end technologies. Along the way, you will work with supporting tools such as Spring, Docker and AWS for rapid delivery.
The first part of the book takes you through building a minimal, but complete and production-ready, web application that will introduce the key technologies for full stack development. You will use Angular for the front-end, Java Spring Boot and the in-memory database HSQL for the back-end. To learn how to deploy applications, you will use Docker to containerize the front and the back-end and Docker Compose to bring it all together.
The second part of the book sets up a new application with rich features that can meet the demands of a line-of-business application. You will see a scalable architecture and engineering best practices that will help you start small and be able to grow your solution quickly if there's demand. You will also learn how to deploy your infrastructure on AWS in a highly-available configuration that is most appropriate for business production use.
The third part of the book shows you the techniques, tools and technologies to push your application to the next level. You will understand how to cater to Enterprise needs and build a hybrid mobile (Android, iOS) app leveraging existing code.
What you will learn
- Create maintainable, reliable and scalable applications
- Understand why you're using Angular and Java
- Learn how to create full-stack web applications using Angular and Java
- Create hybrid-mobile and cross-platform desktop applications