Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions Cookbook
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2017-06-09
- 定價: $1,730
- 售價: 8.0 折 $1,384
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 462
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1786464179
- ISBN-13: 9781786464170
- Customize, configure, and extend the vanilla features of Dynamics 365 to deliver bespoke CRM solutions fit for any organization
- Implement business logic using point-and-click configuration, plugins, and client-side scripts with MS Dynamics 365
- Built a DevOps pipeline as well as Integrate Dynamics 365 with Azure and other platforms
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a powerful tool. It has many unique features that empower organisations to bridge common business challenges and technology pitfalls that would usually hinder the adoption of a CRM solution. This book sets out to enable you to harness the power of Dynamics 365 and cater to your unique circumstances.
We start this book with a no-code configuration chapter and explain the schema, fields, and forms modeling techniques. We then move on to server-side and client-side custom code extensions. Next, you will see how best to integrate Dynamics 365 in a DevOps pipeline to package and deploy your extensions to the various SDLC environments. This book also covers modern libraries and integration patterns that can be used with Dynamics 365 (Angular, 3 tiers, and many others). Finally, we end by highlighting some of the powerful extensions available.
Throughout we explain a range of design patterns and techniques that can be used to enhance your code quality; the aim is that you will learn to write enterprise-scale quality code.
What you will learn
- Customize, configure, and extend Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Create business process automation
- Develop client-side extensions to add features to the Dynamics 365 user interface
- Set up a security model to securely manage data with Dynamics 365
- Develop and deploy clean code plugins to implement a wide range of custom behaviors
- Use third-party applications, tools, and patterns to integrate Dynamics 365 with other platforms
- Integrate with Azure, Java, SSIS, PowerBI, and Octopus Deploy
- Build an end-to-end DevOps pipeline for Dynamics 365
About the Author
Rami Mounla is a Solution Architect with over 15 years of experience in IT. He was introduced to Dynamics CRM 3.0 when it first came out and has built a career around the product since then. Based in Wellington, New Zealand, his focus is on enterprise-scale Dynamics CRM solutions targeted at the public sector and large multinational corporations. Throughout his career, he has worked on some of the largest CRM implementations in New Zealand, both on-premise and in the cloud.
Rami is active in the Dynamics community, a leader of the Wellington Dynamics User Group, a frequent speaker at Microsoft Ignite New Zealand, and a supporter of open source Dynamics 365 extensions. His contributions over the last few years gained him the Microsoft Business Solutions MVP status in 2015, a title that reflects his ambitions.
After being frustrated with frequently reviewing poor-quality CRM implementations, Rami decided to write about best practices and promote quality CRM implementations. The topics and ideas inspired this book on extending Dynamics 365.
Table of Contents
- No code extensions
- Client Side Extensions
- SDK's enterprise capabilities
- Server Side Extensions
- External Integration
- Enhancing Your Code
- Dynamics 365 Extensions
- Appendix A Architectural Views
- Appendix B Dynamics 365