Mastering Spring Boot 2.0: Build modern, cloud-native, and distributed systems using Spring Boot
Learn to develop, test, and deploy your Spring Boot distributed application and explore various best practices.
- Build and deploy your microservices architecture in the cloud
- Build event-driven resilient systems using Hystrix and Turbine
- Explore API management tools such as KONG and API documentation tools such as Swagger
Spring is one of the best frameworks on the market for developing web, enterprise, and cloud ready software. Spring Boot simplifies the building of complex software dramatically by reducing the amount of boilerplate code, and by providing production-ready features and a simple deployment model.
This book will address the challenges related to power that come with Spring Boot's great configurability and flexibility. You will understand how Spring Boot configuration works under the hood, how to overwrite default configurations, and how to use advanced techniques to prepare Spring Boot applications to work in production. This book will also introduce readers to a relatively new topic in the Spring ecosystem - cloud native patterns, reactive programming, and applications. Get up to speed with microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud. Each chapter aims to solve a specific problem or teach you a useful skillset. By the end of this book, you will be proficient in building and deploying your Spring Boot application.
What you will learn
- Build logically structured and highly maintainable Spring Boot applications
- Configure RESTful microservices using Spring Boot
- Make the application production and operation-friendly with Spring Actuator
- Build modern, high-performance distributed applications using cloud patterns
- Manage and deploy your Spring Boot application to the cloud (AWS)
- Monitor distributed applications using log aggregation and ELK
Who This Book Is For
The book is targeted at experienced Spring and Java developers who have a basic knowledge of working with Spring Boot. The reader should be familiar with Spring Boot basics, and aware of its benefits over traditional Spring Framework-based applications.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Spring Boot 2.0
- Customizing Auto-Configuration in Spring Boot Application
- Getting Started with Spring CLI and Actuator
- Getting Started with Spring Cloud and Configuration
- Spring Cloud Netflix and Service Discovery
- Building Spring Boot Restful Microservice
- Creating API Gateway with Netflix Zuul Proxy
- Simplify HTTP API with Feign Client
- Building Event-Driven & Asynchronous Reactive Systems
- Build Resilient Systems using Hystrix and Turbine
- Testing Spring Boot Application
- Containerizing Microservice
- API Management
- Deploying in Cloud (AWS)
- Production Ready Service Monitoring and Best Practices