Swift 3 Game Development - Second Edition
- 出版商: Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
- 出版日期: 2017-02-06
- 定價: USD $39.99
- 售價: $1,411
- 貴賓價: 9.7 折 $1,368
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 258
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1787127753
- ISBN-13: 9781787127753
貴賓價: $1,368Test-Driven iOS Development with Swift 3, 2/e (Paerback)
貴賓價: $1,588Pro Spring Boot
貴賓價: $798Exercises for Programmers: 57 Challenges to Develop Your Coding Skills (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,539Getting Started with LLVM Core Libraries (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,663UML Distilled: A Brief Guide to the Standard Object Modeling Language, 3/e
- Create and design games for iPhone and iPad using SpriteKit and Swift 3.0
- Learn the core fundamentals of SpriteKit game development and mix and match techniques to customize your game
- This step-by-step practical guide will teach you to build games from scratch using little-known tips and strategies for maximum fun
Swift is the perfect choice for game development. Developers are intrigued by Swift 3.0 and want to make use of new features to develop their best games yet. Packed with best practices and easy-to-use examples, this book leads you step by step through the development of your first Swift game.
This book starts by introducing SpriteKit and Swift's new features that can be used for game development. After setting up your first Swift project, you will build your first custom class, learn how to draw and animate your game, and add physics simulations.
Then, you will add the player character, NPCs, and powerups. To make your game more fun and engaging, you will learn how to set up scenes and backgrounds, build fun menus, and integrate with Apple Game Center to add leaderboards and achievements. You will then make your game stand out by adding animations when game objects collide, and incorporate proven techniques such as the advanced particle system and graphics. Finally, you will explore the various options available to start down the path towards monetization and publish your finished games to the App Store.
By the end of this book, you will be able to create your own iOS games using Swift and SpriteKit.
What you will learn
- Deliver powerful graphics, physics, and sound in your game by using SpriteKit
- Set up the scene using the new capabilities of the scene editor and custom classes
- Maximize gameplay with little-known tips and strategies for fun and repeatable action
- Make use of animations, graphics, and particles to polish your game
- Understand the current mobile monetization landscape to choose the best option for your own situation
- Integrate your game with Game Center so that your players can share their high scores and achievements
- Publish your game to the App Store and enjoy people playing your games
About the Author
Stephen Haney has written two books on iOS game development. He began his programming journey at the age of 8 years on a dusty, ancient laptop using BASIC. He has been fascinated with building software and games ever since. Now well versed in multiple languages, he enjoys programming as a creative outlet the most. He believes that indie game development is an art form-- an amazing combination of visual, auditory, and psychological challenges--rewarding to both the player and the creator.
He enjoyed writing this book and sincerely hopes that it directly furthers your career or hobby.
Table of Contents
- Designing Games with Swift
- Sprites, Camera, Action!
- Mix in the Physics
- Adding Controls
- Spawning Enemies, Coins, and Power-ups
- Generating a Never-Ending World
- Implementing Collision Events
- Polishing to a Shine - HUD, Parallax Backgrounds, Particles, and More
- Adding Menus and Sounds
- Standing Out in the Crowd with Advanced Features
- Choosing a Monetization Strategy
- Integrating with Game Center
- Ship It! Preparing for the App Store and Publication