Thomas Newton, Oscar Villarreal, Lars Verspohl
$403Python 絕技 : 運用 Python 成為頂級數據工程師
$403Python 數據分析 : 基於 Plotly 的動態可視化繪圖
- Dive into D3.js and apply its powerful data binding ability in order to create stunning visualizations
- Solve common problems faced while building interactive maps
- Acquire key web development skills from the creating your interactive to testing and finally publishing it.
D3.js is a visualization library used for the creation and control of dynamic and interactive graphical forms. It is a library used to manipulate HTML and SVG documents as well as the Canvas element based on data. Using D3.js, developers can create interactive maps for the web, that look and feel beautiful.
This book will show you how build and design maps with D3.js and gives you great insight into projections, colors, and the most appropriate types of map.
The book begins by helping you set up all the tools necessary to build visualizations and maps. Then it covers obtaining geographic data, modifying it to your specific needs, visualizing it with augmented data using D3.js. It will further show you how to draw and map with the Canvas API and how to publish your visualization. By the end of this book, you'll be creating maps like the election maps and the kind of infographics you'll find on sites like the New York Times.
What you will learn
- Work with SVG geometric shapes
- Learn to manage map data and plot it with D3.js
- Add interactivity and points of interest to your maps
- Compress and manipulate geoJSON files with the use of topoJSON
- Learn how to write testable D3.js visualizations
- Build a globe with D3.js and Canvas and add interactivity to it.
- Create a hexbin map with D3.js
About the Author
Thomas Newton has over 20 years of experience in software engineering, creating highly scalable and flexible software solutions for clients. During this period, he has developed a broad range of expertise ranging from data visualizations, to large-scale cloud platforms, to continuous delivery and DevOps. When not going in a new technology, he spends time with his beautiful family.
Oscar Villarreal has been building web applications and visualizations for the past 15 years. He's worked with all kinds of businesses and organizations globally, helping them visualize and interact with data in more meaningful ways. He enjoys spending time with his wife and kid, as well as hanging from the edge of a rock wall when climbing.
Lars Verspohl has been modeling and visualizing data for over 15 years. He works with businesses and organisations from all over the world to turn their often complex data into intelligible interactive visualizations. He also writes and builds stuff at datamake.io. His ideal weekend is spent either at a lake or on a mountain with his kids, although it can be hard to tear them away from the computer games he wrote for them.
Table of Contents
- GATHER YOUR CARTOGRAPHER'S TOOLBOX
- CREATING IMAGES FROM SIMPLE TEXT
- PRODUCING GRAPHICS FROM DATA
- CREATING A MAP
- APPLYING INTERACTIVITY TO YOUR MAP
- FINDING AND WORKING WITH GEOGRAPHIC DATA
- Drawing with Canvas and D3
- Mapping with D3 and Canvas
- Adding interactivity to a canvas map
- Shaping maps with data
- Publishing a visualisation with GitHub pages