SQL Server 2016 R Services Essentials: Data Exploration, Modeling and Advanced Analytics
Tomaz Kastrun, Julie Koesmarno
Develop and run efficient R scripts and predictive models for SQL Server 2016
- Learn how you can combine the power of R and SQL Server 2016 to build efficient, cost-effective data science models
- Leverage the capabilities of R Services to perform advanced analytics - from data exploration to predictive modeling
- A quick primer with practical examples to help you get up and running with SQL Server 2016 R Services
What You Will Learn
- Overview of R Services for SQL Server 2016
- Manage R Services from installation to configuration and maintenance
- Handle and operationalizing R code
- Explore RevoScaleR R package algorithms and creating predictive modelling
- Deploy, manage and monitor database solutions with R
- Explore SQL Server 2016 features and R
- Extend R Services for Database administrators
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed to help data analysts and data scientists as well as database administrators who plan to use R Services for SQL Server. With wide applicability of R Services, experienced data wranglers, BI developers, data stewards and database professionals, who have interest in SQL Server 2016 R Services, want to understand and develop R Services knowledge and learn its capabilities.
R Services is one of the most anticipated features in SQL Server 2016. Prior to SQL Server 2016, many developers and data scientists already using R to connect to SQL Server in a less-desired siloed environments,in order to do additional data analysis, that have superseded the SSAS or additional CLR programming functions. With integrated R Services within SQL Server 2016, these developers and data scientists can now benefit from the integrated, effective, efficient and more streamlined analytics environment.
This book gives the foundational knowledge and insights that help readers to understand the SQL Server 2016 R Services. But first and foremost, the book provides practical examples on how to implement, use and understand R Services in corporate environment, and explanation as well as motivation behind them. It will cover installation guidance of R Services, how to maintain, deploy, manage the code as well as monitor your services. Diving deeper in both predictive modelling and RevoScaleR Package, this book will also provide insights on operationalizing the code, exploring and visualizing the data. To complete the journey, this book will cover new features of SQL Server 2016 and how they are compatible with R Services.