Google Cloud Platform Cookbook: Practical recipes and solutions to implement, deploy, maintain, and migrate applications on the Google Cloud Platform
Legorie Rajan PS
Deploy and manage Google Cloud Services with ease
- Implement Google cloud services in your organization with practical recipes.
- Leverage Google cloud components to make your organisation secure, global, high-performance, and cost-effective.
- A recipe-based guide that will give you hands-on experience in deploying a highly scalable and available environment.
Google Cloud Platform is a cloud computing platform that offers products and services to host applications using a state-of-the art infrastructure and technology. Build and host applications and websites, store data, and analyse data on Google's scalable infrastructure. This book follows a recipe-based approach giving you hands-on experience on making the most out of Google Cloud services.
This book will start with practical recipes giving you heads-up on utilizing Google Cloud's common services. Then, this book will move towards teaching you how to make full use of Google Cloud components like Networking, Security, Management and Developer tools. Next, this book will deep dive into implementing core Google Cloud services into your organisation; consisting of practical recipes on App Engine, Compute Engine Microservices with Cloud functions, Virtual Networks, and Cloud Storage. Later, this book will also cover recipes on implementing authentication and security, Cloud APIs, command-line management, Deployment management and Cloud SDK.
Finally, this book will also cover administration troubleshooting tasks with compute and container engine and how to monitor your organisation's efficiency with best practices. By the end of this book, you will have complete understanding on implementing Google Cloud services in to your organization with ease.
What You Will Learn
- Host Python application on Google Compute Engine
- Host application using Google Functions
- Migrate a MySQL DB to Cloud Spanner
- Configure Network for a highly available application on GCP
- Encrypt data on Cloud Storage
- Co-ordinate IoT devices on GCP
- Monitor application health
- Social media data analysis
Who This Book Is For
This book aims at IT professionals, engineers, and developers who are looking at implementing Google Cloud into their organisations. Administrators and Architects planning to make their organisation more efficient with Google Cloud will also find this book useful. Basic understanding about cloud services, and Google cloud platform would be necessary.