Java EE 8 Cookbook: Build reliable applications with the most robust and mature technology for enterprise development
A practical guide for building effective enterprise solutions with Java EE 8
- Recipes to get you up-and-running with Java EE 8 application development
- Learn how to apply the major Java EE 8 APIs and specifications
- Implement microservices and Reactive programming with Java EE 8
Java EE is a collection of technologies and APIs to support Enterprise Application development. The choice of what to use and when can be dauntingly complex for any developer. This book will help you master this. Packed with easy to follow recipes, this is your guide to becoming productive with Java EE 8.
You will begin by seeing the latest features of Java EE 8, including major Java EE 8 APIs and specifications such as JSF 2.3, and CDI 2.0, and what they mean for you.
You will use the new features of Java EE 8 to implement web-based services for your client applications. You will then learn to process the Model and Streaming APIs using JSON-P and JSON-B and will learn to use the Java Lambdas support offered in JSON-P. There are more recipes to fine-tune your RESTful development, and you will learn about the Reactive enhancements offered by the JAX-RS 2.1 specification.
Later on, you will learn about the role of multithreading in your enterprise applications and how to integrate them for transaction handling. This is followed by implementing microservices with Java EE and the advancements made by Java EE for cloud computing.
The final set of recipes shows you how take advantage of the latest security features and authenticate your enterprise application.
At the end of the book, the Appendix shows you how knowledge sharing can change your career and your life.
What you will learn
- Actionable information on the new features of Java EE 8
- Using the most important APIs with real and working code
- Building server side applications, web services, and web applications
- Deploying and managing your application using the most important Java EE servers
- Building and deploying microservices using Java EE 8
- Building Reactive application by joining Java EE APIs and core Java features
- Moving your application to the cloud using containers
- Practical ways to improve your projects and career through community involvement
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who want to become proficient with Java EE 8 for their enterprise application development. Basic knowledge of Java is assumed
Table of Contents
- New Features and Improvements
- Server Side Development
- Building powerful services with JSON and RESTful features
- Web and Client Server Communication
- Security of Enterprise Architecture
- Reduce coding effort by relying on standards
- Deploy and manage applications with the major Java EE Servers
- Building lightweight solutions using microservices
- Using Multi Threading on Enterprise Context
- Using event-driven programming to build reactive applications
- Rising to the cloud: Java EE, containers and cloud computing
- Appendix: THE POWER OF COMMUNITY