Ansible 2 Cloud Automation Cookbook
Aditya Patawari, Vikas Aggarwal
- Recipes based approach on installation and configuration of cloud resources using Ansible
- Covers various cloud related modules and its functionalities
- Includes deployment of a sample application to the cloud resources that we create in the chapter
- Learn the best possible way to manage and automate your cloud infrastructure
Ansible has a large collection of modules inbuilt for managing various cloud resources. The book starts with the concepts needed for safeguarding your credentials and explaining how you interact with cloud providers to manage resources. Each chapter begins with an introduction and prerequisites to use the right modules to manage a given cloud provider. The book also includes Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and other providers. Each chapter guides you through creating basic computing resources along with other resources which you might use to deploy an application. Finally, you will be able to deploy a sample application to demonstrate various usage patterns and utilities of the resources.
What you will learn
- Use Ansible Vault to protect secrets
- Understand how Ansible modules interact with cloud providers to manage resources
- Build cloud based resources for your application.
- Create resources beyond simple virtual machines.
- Write tasks that can be reused to create resources multiple times.
- Work with self hosted cloud like OpenStack and Docker.
- Deploy a multi-tier application on various cloud providers.