OAuth 2.0 Cookbook
Adolfo Eloy Nascimento
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2017-10-23
- 售價: $1,440
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,368
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 420
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 178829596X
- ISBN-13: 9781788295963
- Interact with public OAuth 2.0 protected APIs such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Google.
- Use Spring Security and Spring Security OAuth2 to implement your own OAuth 2.0 provider
- Learn how to implement OAuth 2.0 native mobile clients for Android applications
OAuth 2.0 is a standard protocol for authorization and focuses on client development simplicity while providing specific authorization flows for web applications, desktop applications, mobile phones, and so on. This book also provides useful recipes for solving real-life problems using Spring Security and creating Android applications.
The book starts by presenting you how to interact with some public OAuth 2.0 protected APIs such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Google. You will also be able to implement your own OAuth 2.0 provider with Spring Security OAuth2. Next, the book will cover practical scenarios regarding some important OAuth 2.0 profiles such as Dynamic Client Registration, Token Introspection and how to revoke issued access tokens. You will then be introduced to the usage of JWT, OpenID Connect, and how to safely implement native mobile OAuth 2.0 Clients.
By the end of this book, you will be able to ensure that both the server and client are protected against common vulnerabilities.
What you will learn
- Use Redis and relational databases to store issued access tokens and refresh tokens
- Access resources protected by the OAuth2 Provider using Spring Security
- Implement a web application that dynamically registers itself to the Authorization Server
- Improve the safety of your mobile client using dynamic client registration
- Protect your Android client with Proof Key for Code Exchange
- Protect the Authorization Server from invalid redirection
About the Author
As a tech enthusiast, Adolfo also likes to read and learn about programming languages and new technologies. He also believes that besides creating new applications, it is also important to share the knowledge he has acquired, which is what he does by writing for his personal blog, writing articles for Java Magazine in Brazil, and also writing tech books.
Table of Contents
- OAuth 2.0 foundations
- Implementing Your Own OAuth 2.0 Provider
- Using an API protected with OAuth 2.0
- Working with OAuth 2.0 profiles
- Self contained tokens with JWT
- OpenID Connect for authentication
- Implementing Mobile Clients
- Avoiding common vulnerabilities