Kubernetes on AWS: Deploy and manage production-ready Kubernetes clusters on AWS
Learn to implement container orchestration on AWS with ease
- Leverage the power of Kubernetes on AWS to deploy highly scalable applications
- Provision Kubernetes clusters on Amazon EC2 environments
- Implement best practices to improve efficiency and security of Kubernetes on the cloud
Docker containers promise to radicalize the way developers and operations build, deploy, and manage applications running on the cloud. Kubernetes provides the orchestration tools you need to realize that promise in production.
Kubernetes on AWS guides you in deploying a production-ready Kubernetes cluster on the AWS platform. You will then discover how to utilize the power of Kubernetes, which is one of the fastest growing platforms for production-based container orchestration, to manage and update your applications. Kubernetes is becoming the go-to choice for production-grade deployments of cloud-native applications. This book covers Kubernetes from first principles. You will start by learning about Kubernetes' powerful abstractions - Pods and Services - that make managing container deployments easy. This will be followed by a guided tour through setting up a production-ready Kubernetes cluster on AWS, while learning the techniques you need to successfully deploy and manage your own applications.
By the end of the book, you will have gained plenty of hands-on experience with Kubernetes on Amazon Web Services. You will also have picked up some tips on deploying and managing applications, keeping your cluster and applications secure, and ensuring that your whole system is reliable and resilient to failure.
What you will learn
- Learn how to provision a production-ready Kubernetes cluster on AWS
- Deploy your own applications to Kubernetes with Helm
- Discover strategies for troubleshooting your cluster and know where to find help with issues
- Explore the best ways to monitor your cluster and the applications running on it
- Supercharge your cluster by integrating it with the tools provided by the AWS platform
- Architect your cluster for high availability
Who this book is for
If you're a cloud engineer, cloud solution provider, sysadmin, site reliability engineer, or developer with an interest in DevOps and are looking for an extensive guide to running Kubernetes in the AWS environment, this book is for you. Though any previous knowledge of Kubernetes is not expected, some experience with Linux and Docker containers would be a bonus.
Table of Contents
- Google's Infrastructure for The Rest of Us
- Start Your Engines
- Reach for the Cloud
- Managing Change in Your Applications
- Managing Complex Applications with Helm
- Planning for Production
- A Production Ready Cluster
- Sorry, my app ate the cluster!
- Store state in your applications
- Storing Your Images