C# 7 and .NET Core 2.0 High Performance: Build multi threaded and concurrent applications using C# 7 and .Net Core 2.0
Ovais Mehboob Ahmed Khan
Improve the speed of your code and optimize the performance of your apps
- Understand the common performance pitfalls and improve the performance of your application
- Get to grips with Parallel programming and concurrency with C#
- Build & Deploy Strategies for large and complex applications with the help of Microservices architecture.
While writing an application, performance is paramount. With the recent developments in C# and .Net, there is a strong focus on performance improvements. Performance tuning for real-world applications often involves activities geared towards finding bottlenecks, however this alone cannot solve the dreaded problem of slow code.
If you want to improve the speed of your code and optimize the performance of your apps, then this book is for you.
The book begins with a gentle introduction to the new features of C# 7 and .NET Core 2.0, explaining how they help in improving the performance of your application. It will help you identify the bottlenecks in C# programming and highlight common performance pitfalls, along with strategies to detect and resolve these issues early. You will explore Multithreading and Concurrent programming with .Net Core and understand the importance of data structure optimization and how it can be used efficiently. After that, you will learn different memory management techniques along with design guidelines to increase application performance. Gradually, the book will show you how to leverage microservices architecture to build a high performing application and to secure and implement resilience in your applications. We end with some techniques you can use to monitor and explore the Glimpse tool.
What you will learn
- Grasp the improvements in .NET Core 2.0 and C# 7.0
- Understand .NET Core internals.
- Use BenchmarkDotnet to measure performance.
- Explore the techniques to write multithreaded application using Threads, Monitors etc.
- Leverage TPL and PLinq libraries to perform asynchronous operations.
- Get familiar with Data structures and write optimized code.
- Understand design guidelines to increase application performance.
- Develop a containerized application based on Microservices Architecture.
- Implement health checks to monitor performance
Who This Book Is For
This book is for .NET developers looking to improve the speed of your code or simply wanting to take your skills up to the next level. Basic C# knowledge is assumed