Mastering Android Development with Kotlin
- Learn how to make Android development much faster using a variety of Kotlin features, from basics to advanced, to write better quality code.
- Build amazing projects to get grips with the Kotlin language for the Android platform
- An illustrative guide to write code based on both functional and reactive programming to build robust applications
Kotlin is a programming language intended to be a better Java, and it's designed to be usable and readable across large teams with different levels of knowledge. Kotlin is a language that helps developers build amazing Android applications in an easy and effective way. The book will begin by giving you strong grasp of the Kotlin features in context of Android development and it's APIs to further taking steps towards building stunning applications for Android. It will show you the environment setup and the difficulty level will grow steadily with the coming applications covered in the upcoming chapters. The book will also introduce you to using the Android Studio IDE which plays an integral role in Kotlin Android Development. It will cover Kotlin's basic programming concepts such as functions, lambdas, properties, object oriented code, safety aspects and type parameterization, testing, concurrency which will guide you to write Kotlin's code to production. We will also show how we can integrate Kotlin in any existing Android project built using C++ or Java.
What you will learn
- Understanding basics of Android development in Kotlin
- Key concepts in Android development
- How to create modern mobile applications for Android platform
- How to adjust your application's look and feel
- How to persist and share application database
- Working with Services and other concurrency mechanisms
- Writing effective tests
- Migration of existing Java based project to Kotlin