Cybersecurity - Attack and Defense Strategies: Infrastructure security with Red Team and Blue Team tactics
Yuri Diogenes, Erdal Ozkaya
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2018-01-30
- 售價: $1,438
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,366
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 384
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1788475291
- ISBN-13: 9781788475297
Enhance your organization's secure posture by improving your attack and defense strategies
- Gain a clear understanding of the attack methods, and patterns to recognize abnormal behavior within your organization with Blue Team tactics.
- Learn to unique techniques to gather exploitation intelligence, identify risk and demonstrate impact with Red Team and Blue Team strategies.
- A practical guide that will give you hands-on experience to mitigate risks and prevent attackers from infiltrating your system.
The book will start talking about the security posture before moving to Red Team tactics, where you will learn the basic syntax for the Windows and Linux tools that are commonly used to perform the necessary operations. You will also gain hands-on experience of using new Red Team techniques with powerful tools such as python and PowerShell, which will enable you to discover vulnerabilities in your system and how to exploit them. Moving on, you will learn how a system is usually compromised by adversaries, and how they hack user's identity, and the various tools used by the Red Team to find vulnerabilities in a system.
In the next section, you will learn about the defense strategies followed by the Blue Team to enhance the overall security of a system. You will also learn about an in-depth strategy to ensure that there are security controls in each network layer, and how you can carry out the recovery process of a compromised system. Finally, you will learn how to create a vulnerability management strategy and the different techniques for manual log analysis.
By the end of this book, you will be well-versed with Red Team and Blue Team techniques and will have learned the techniques used nowadays to attack and defend systems.
What you will learn
- Learn the importance of having a solid foundation for your security posture
- Understand the attack strategy using cyber security kill chain
- Learn how to enhance your defense strategy by improving your security policies, hardening your network, implementing active sensors, and leveraging threat intelligence
- Learn how to perform an incident investigation
- Get an in-depth understanding of the recovery process
- Understand continuous security monitoring and how to implement a vulnerability management strategy
- Learn how to perform log analysis to identify suspicious activities
Who This Book Is For
This book aims at IT professional who want to venture the IT security domain. IT pentester, Security consultants, and ethical hackers will also find this course useful. Prior knowledge of penetration testing would be beneficial.
Table of Contents
- Secure Posture
- Incident Response Process
- Understanding the Cybersecurity Kill Chain
- Compromising the system
- Chasing User's Identity
- Lateral Movement
- Privilege Escalation
- Security Policy
- Network segmentation
- Active sensors
- Threat Intelligence
- Investigating an Incident
- Recovery Process
- Vulnerability management
- Log Analysis