Learning ASP.NET Core 2.0
Jason De Oliveira, Michel Bruchet
- Get to grips with the new features and APIs introduced in ASP.NET Core 2.0
- Learn to deploy your web app on new environments such as Docker and Azure
- Leverage the MVC framework and Entity Framework Core to build full proof applications
Being able to develop web applications that are easy to maintain has become imperative in many businesses. ASP.NET Core 2.0 is an open source framework which makes it easy to build cross platform web applications that are modern and dynamic. This book will take you through all the essential concepts of ASP.NET Core so you can build effective web applications.
The book starts with a brief introduction to the ASP.NET Core framework and what new changes have been made in the latest release - ASP.NET Core 2.0. You will build, test, debug your first web application. Once you understand the working of an ASP.NET Core web app, you will dive deeper into more complex concepts and learn how to migrate legacy software to ASP.NET Core 2.0. The book will explain the working of widely used frameworks like Model View Controller and Entity Framework Core. You will learn how to secure your web applications and make them robust. Finally, the book will show you how to deploy your applications using Docker and Azure.
After reading the book, you will be equipped to develop robust web applications in ASP.NET Core.
What you will learn
- How to set-up their development environment using Visual Studio 2017 and Visual Studio Code
- Create a fully automated continuous delivery pipeline using Visual Studio Team Services
- The working of different components and features provided by ASP.NET Core 2.0
- How to effectively migrate your code from classic ASP.NET to ASP.NET Core 2.0
- Build an MVC web application and use Entity Framework Core to access data
- Authenticate users by using the built-in ASP.NET Core 2.0 components and IdentityServer 4
- Use Azure and Docker to deploy and monitor your applications