C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0 - Modern Cross-Platform Development , 4e Build applications with C#, .NET Core, Entity Framework Core, ASP.NET Core, and ML.NET using Visual Studio Code
Mark J. Price
立即出貨 (庫存 < 3)
- Build modern, cross-platform applications with .NET Core 3.0
- Get up to speed with C#, and up to date with all the latest features of C# 8.0
- Start creating professional web applications with ASP.NET Core 3.0
In C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0 – Modern Cross-Platform Development, Fourth Edition, expert teacher Mark J. Price gives you everything you need to start programming C# applications.
This latest edition uses the popular Visual Studio Code editor to work across all major operating systems. It is fully updated and expanded with new chapters on Content Management Systems (CMS) and machine learning with ML.NET.
The book covers all the topics you need. Part 1 teaches the fundamentals of C#, including object-oriented programming, and new C# 8.0 features such as nullable reference types, simplified switch pattern matching, and default interface methods. Part 2 covers the .NET Standard APIs, such as managing and querying data, monitoring and improving performance, working with the filesystem, async streams, serialization, and encryption. Part 3 provides examples of cross-platform applications you can build and deploy, such as web apps using ASP.NET Core or mobile apps using Xamarin.Forms. The book introduces three technologies for building Windows desktop applications including Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), and Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, as well as web applications, web services, and mobile apps.
What you will learn
- Build cross-platform applications for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android
- Explore application development with C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0
- Explore ASP.NET Core 3.0 and create professional web applications
- Learn object-oriented programming and C# multitasking
- Query and manipulate data using LINQ
- Use Entity Framework Core and work with relational databases
- Discover Windows app development using the Universal Windows Platform and XAML
- Build mobile applications for iOS and Android using Xamarin.Forms
Who this book is for
Readers with some prior programming experience or with a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) background, who want to gain a solid foundation with C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0.
Mark J. Price is a Microsoft Specialist: Programming in C# and Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions, with more than 20 years of educational and programming experience. Since 1993, Mark has passed more than 80 Microsoft programming exams and specializes in preparing others to pass them too. His students range from professionals with decades of experience to 16 year old apprentices with none. He successfully guides all of them by combining educational skills with real-world experience in consulting and developing systems for enterprises worldwide. Between 2001 and 2003, Mark was employed full-time to write official courseware for Microsoft in Redmond, USA. His team wrote the first training courses for C# while it was still an early alpha version. While with Microsoft, he taught "train-the-trainer" classes to get other MCTs up-to-speed on C# and .NET. Currently, Mark creates and delivers training courses for Episerver's Digital Experience Cloud, the best .NET CMS for Digital Marketing and E-commerce. In 2010, Mark studied for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). He taught GCSE and A-Level mathematics in two London secondary schools. He holds a Computer Science BSc. Hons. Degree from the University of Bristol, UK.
- Hello, C#! Welcome, .NET!
- Speaking C#
- Controlling Flow and Converting Types
- Writing, Debugging, and Testing Functions
- Building Your Own Types with Object-Oriented Programming
- Implementing Interfaces and Inheriting Classes
- Understanding and Packaging .NET Types
- Working with Common .NET Types
- Working with Files, Streams, and Serialization
- Protecting Your Data and Applications
- Working with Databases Using Entity Framework Core
- Querying and Manipulating Data Using LINQ
- Improving Performance and Scalability Using Multitasking
- Practical Applications of C# and .NET
- Building Websites Using ASP.NET Core Razor Pages
- Building Websites Using the Model-View-Controller Pattern
- Building Websites Using a Content Management System
- Building and Consuming Web Services
- Building Intelligent Apps Using Machine Learning
- Building Windows Desktop Apps
- Building Cross-Platform Mobile Apps Using Xamarin.Forms
- Appendix (Bonus Chapter)